Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: accidentin norton

  1. #1
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    accidentin norton

    has anyone heard anything about another accident on hawthorne road in norton?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accidentin norton

    All I know is there was a fatality, intersection of US 58 and Hawthorne.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accidentin norton

    From what i could tell from the skidmarks and the investigation paint from the Troopers is that it looked like someone pulled out in front of someone, but I could be wrong.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accidentin norton

    They have needed a light ever since Wal Mart was put up on the hill. Sadly it normally takes a death to get it done. I know they have been talking about it for some time but the cost of putting one in was the hold up from what I have been told. Hard to believe it would cost almost a quarter of a million dollars to put up a traffic light.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accidentin norton

    Well if that dumbass school plan comes about they will have to do something. That place is bad. Man I hate that for whoever it was and there families. I wonder if there is anyplace to track traffic fatalities in the county
    GO VOLS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accidentin norton

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    They have needed a light ever since Wal Mart was put up on the hill. Sadly it normally takes a death to get it done. I know they have been talking about it for some time but the cost of putting one in was the hold up from what I have been told. Hard to believe it would cost almost a quarter of a million dollars to put up a traffic light.
    There have been numerous deaths there at that intersection since the Walmart went there years ago. I think at least 6 in the past 10 years

  7. #7
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accidentin norton

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    There have been numerous deaths there at that intersection since the Walmart went there years ago. I think at least 6 in the past 10 years
    I remember a couple at the old Wal Mart/Ingles intersection coming out from there but didn't know there was that many at the Hawthorne/58 intesection
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •